Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Junebug



Pasukan na naman! This means traffic will be heavier again at certain times of the day... My niece was complaining about having to go back to school... This is a bit of good news for me because I'm going to have a more regular tutoring schedule now, which will mean a more steady flow of income.

Last week I tutored this super cute kid in preparation for his Filipino and Araling Panlipunan (Sibika) classes. He speaks fluent English at home so his mom wanted to prepare him for those two subjects. Extremely well-behaved. What an angel!

I remember I had a hard time with Filipino when I was younger too... I took some remedial classes for Sibika at Kultura. Gusali (building) was one of my favorite words for some reason...

***********
The title of this post made me remember another song by the B52's (from the same album, Cosmic Thing) called Deadbeat Club. I love it so much. It's one of my favorite songs of all time. Check out a sample HERE (Amazon).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gusali..hm.. what a big word for a lil kid.. hehe..

Why do kids these days need tutors for Filipino subjects? Com'on what so hard bout learning Filipino? I grew up in the states, i was fluent ("was" bwahahaha) in english. . how come i didn't need a tutor? hehe ericka squirt hehe