Monday, May 15, 2006

da vinci vinci



My mom and I had an argument over dinner because she was telling us - I mean, she was "discouraging" us from watching Da Vinci Code. She and her friends were saying that we can, as a nation, boycott the film to show how disgusted we are with the lies presented as truths. I told her that the author already told everyone that the work was purely fictional, but she went on and on, and told me how closed-minded I was being.

"Buti pa si Mel Gibson..." Blah blah...

I told her that I totally agreed with Cardinal Rosales, who believes that this should be seen as a "pastoral challenge". I think that the Church should really use this to help better educate and enlighten us all.

I haven't read the book yet, but I bet I'm going to have to disguise it as another book if I decide to read it at home.

My dad was really silent at the table. We were talking about it the other day and he wants to read it too. :P

Here's an interesting chart that shows the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Manila's statements with respect to questions people may have on Da Vinci Code.

2 comments:

Leah said...

good lord it's just a very well-written story. and it's just a movie. but i guess we can't expect everyone to think the same thing. that cardinal rosales is a wise man. :) last week tinanong ko si master if he was going to watch da vinci and he was like hindi daw sya sure that he wants to watch it and he started talking about religion and the masses blah blah... di na ko nakinig. hahaha

moonpool said...

Hehehe! Oh well... Visit the URL below to see Hanks' reaction to all this...
http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-05-15#celeb2