Got this from one of the eGroups. Please be careful friends, especially if you drive new and expensive cars!
SECURITY ADVISORY: CARNAPPING PRONE AREAS
Incidents of carnapping or taking of cars at gunpoint have been taking place in and around the following areas of Quezon City:
1. Quezon Avenue - EDSA underpass
2. Dark streets in the areas around Morato and around West Triangle
3. Some areas in Teacher's Village
4. Commonwealth - Tandang Sora overpass
5. Stretch of EDSA
6. Fly over from Libis going to Katipunan, also the underpass tunnel connected to the flyover (carnappers prime maneuver is to sandwich the victim's car between two cars, one in front and the other behind).
Similar incidents have also taken place in other parts of Metro Manila but Quezon City is the epicenter of the activities. Carnappers usually victimize between 11:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m., although some operations are known to have taken place earlier.
It is suggested by police authorities that when traveling during these hours, one must take the route where there are many vehicles, people and police outposts.
For everyone's information and guidance.