Saturday, August 02, 2003

Wow, it's been such a long time.

This week was pretty hectic.

Monday

It was after the coup attempt and it the roads were empty! It was nice that I actually got to go home while the sun was still up for a change.

Tuesday

Okay, I finally learned how to create my first proposal. It's so weird because clients are charged in millions. It's kind of scary doing the costing. Hehehe. And I never realized how long it really takes to make a proposal. Because you're in effect executing the entire program in your mind, and it's not like I've seen the programs in action. I came in the middle of one and so I'm still pretty bad at estimating how much time a particular project would take.

Watched Rex Navarette in the evening. He's a pretty funny guy. I mean, I must admit, listening to his CDs didn't quite do it for me. But watching him live was really funny because at least I could see his facial expressions and all. Galing, he told jokes for two and a half hours straight, no break! Haha, Michael V. was there. Hehehe. I'm a fan. I love watching Bubble Gang. I almost always miss it because I go out on Fridays. Shucks. I love their commercial spoofs. Hilarious.

Wednesday

Went to this potential client's office to discuss details with the big boss before formulating the proposal. It was so nice listening to the guy talk. He was so smart. Very logical being. Hehe. It's so nice to listen to someone who really thinks before saying anything.

Thursday

You guys have got to see The Palms Country Club in Filinvest Alabang. Yeah, it's far. But it looks really good. Food tastes good pa. Function rooms make you feel like you're in a hotel. We went there yesterday to facilitating a strategic planning session. Then, I had to go back to the office at 7:00 pm to prepare materials for my client meeting today. I couldn't prepare them earlier because the data from the client came in Wednesday afternoon already, after I had left the office. Blech. Finished printing the materials at around 8:15 already, following all the revisions.

Friday

Today, I was in Intramuros at a client's office all day. We did a workshop and we didn't even finish what we were supposed to. And anyway, at around 5:30 all of them were already exhausted. So they requested another session for Monday. Problem is, this meant I had to go back to the office sometime between tonight and Monday morning to retrieve some files from the office. So tonight, my director dropped me off at Power Plant at 7:00 (because she lives near Rockwell and she had no intentions of returning to the CBD). Traffic was so bad from Manila to Makati. Friday kasi eh. Semi-payday weekend pa. Thank God hailing a cab from that area is so easy, so I found a ride back to the office. That was my first cab ride by myself. Usually I'm with someone else. I got the to the office at around 7:30 and I finished at 8:30.

I am so tired. I have more to talk about but I can't think anymore.

No comments: