Wednesday, March 15, 2006

What drives you?

Teaching vs. Private Sector.

Yesterday, I had an interview with the President and CEO of one of the better known HR consulting outfits. He offered me a job as his Executive Assistant. Very flattering indeed, as I'm sure he looked over my resume and decided to look past my job-hopping tendencies. I wonder what it was that caught his eye, but he's willing to take a gamble and allow me to replace someone who he has trusted for the past 8 years now. If I take this job, I'm going to have to stick to HR consulting. I'm going to be in it for the long haul.

What do I really want to do? I can't even figure myself out.

For anyone else who may be thinking about shifting from the private sector to teaching or vice versa, check out this interesting post.

What the hell is my heart saying? I can't figure out whether the things I am thinking about are coming from my heart or my mind.

I miss corporate life, but teaching definitely has its perks (vacations, for one).

No comments: